As regular readers of my blog will know, the Ealing and District Beekeepers Association is really a tea-and-cake association. Everyone turns up on a Saturday afternoon for a bit of cake at the apiary table washed down by a very good cup of tea. Occasionally, there is some beekeeping too. Yesterday I baked a chocolate bundt cake that disappeared very quickly. It is easy to make.
- 200g (7oz) butter
- 200g (7oz) caster sugar
- 300g (10.5oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 medium eggs (beaten)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100ml (4oz) semi-skimmed milk
- 3 dsp assorted chocolate sprinkles
- icing sugar
- 22cm (8–9in) bundt tin
- large mixing bowl
- wooden spoon
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C (338°F) and grease the bundt tin with butter and a light dusting of flour. Also whip the eggs and put to one side.
2. Mix the butter and sugar in the large mixing…
View original post 345 more words